Hotel Vojvodina was built in 1854. The first name of the hotel was the Empress Elizabeth and Queen Mary. From 1748 and for the next 100 years as the owners of monopoly city brewery meljali Michael Braunraš, Franc Vurmb, Simeon Perisic, Peter Saranda. After the 1849 bombing of it are in ruins, which was bought by Johan Ajgler, and at the same salary raised an elite hotel, and gave him the name “Elizabeth” after the wife of Francis Joseph.
His late classicist primary exterior appearance, as well as interior to date have not significantly changed. The street facade of more than 60m wide, with 24 vertical holes is one of the most striking in the old town.
“Elizabeth was one of the favorite gathering places Novi Sad gentlemen, the art world, and bohemian. Especially when they moved into the yard acting brotherhood at a time when Bogdan Lazar was the owner of the hotel.
When King Aleksander Ujedinitelj married Romanian Princess Mary, the hotel is in her honor, changed its name to “Queen Mary”.
The next owner Gedeon Bogdan never dealt hospitality business, and building lease Fried and his sons, and later Karku SOLCO. The hotel is advertised as the most advanced in the city, with 60 modern furnished rooms, hot and cold water, separate bathroom, the best cuisine and a wide selection of first-class wines.
In the interwar period, with a cafe next to the street gate, were Perfumery “Lukac” and a textile shop family Prodanovic, while the right wing of the courtyard was exclusively furnished “Yellow Hall”. The central part of the ground floor was occupied by a café, where some of the intense social life of the borough.
After World War II, the hotel was nationalized, gaining new today, the local patriot name “Vojvodina”.